Followup to Help Note to a Dr.......As I mentioned I have been confused with my Dr., and symptoms and all. After yesterday and showing up for a scheduled appointment and to not be on their books and no one not knowing anything about me which is weird it had only been 5 days since I was in the office. I want to share a letter I wrote to the Dr. Office for I am not sure what else to do / say. Hoping I am not being rude or disrespectful to the practice at all. However, this is my health and as a single mom I have two girls to still raise and I want to be here forever for them? With this lack of care who knows?
Letter below to Dr. Office! I hope I am on point!
June 1, 2016
To whom it concerns:
On Thursday May 26, 2016 I had my first appointment within your down town office to set up as a new patient for a Cardiologist per the ER Doctor I saw back in March 28, 2016. I had a long wait to get into your office.
Upon coming into your office I was impressed it seemed like there was interest in my health and wellbeing and things were to be looked into due to the fact my aneurysm is growing from a 3.8 to now a 4.5. The Dr., put me on medication and said return in 5 days wrote it down, to see about adjusting after the 5 days.
I walked up to the front desk and she asked me to sit down. I was ok with that for I could see she was busy. Then I heard her say “Thompson”. I stepped up to the front desk.
- The receptionist was on the phone
- She was writing into a file
- She was talking to another nurse
- She was talking and responding to a Dr.
- She was also speaking to the other person whom had stepped up to the window.
I showed up on Tuesday May 31, 2016 the receptionist looked shocked. She did not even have me down to be seen as the paperwork states? I am pretty on top of things, however I did leave paperwork at home, I had thought it was in the car. I called my daughter and she said it was on counter and yes my appointment was for May 31, 2016. The receptionist was confused, I had mentioned to her about Thursday as to how she had a lot going on at the desk and maybe she should have continued with:
- The finishing of her telephone conversation with the other patient or whomever that was.
- Finishing of writing in the file she was working in.
- Finish the conversation with the nurse
- Finish the conversation with the Dr. giving her information
- Only had one person at the window to deal with.
- This will give the person your speaking and / or dealing with the full attention they need
- This gives the person the feeling you care about what their needs are
- This gives a last chance for concerns to be dealt with giving the other person comfort as they are leaving the office
- If there was misunderstanding then it is deal with at that time.
- Make a mistake in my file?
- Forget to chart something?
- Not order what is needed and or forget?
If it is not a concern then as directed by other Dr.’s in the past I should be on the 6 month visit with CT to check on the aneurysm and its growth. I had questions that were left unanswered which is a concern as well however, I will list them here as to have them documented in case something happens I can say they were addressed.
- Is it normal to have back and chest pain over and around the heart that comes and goes?
- To feel like my face goes numb like I have been injected with Novocain it comes and goes?
- Is it normal to have pain in my left arm like there is an IV pressing in it then it comes and goes?
- Is it normal for pain in my left jaw and neck?
- Is it normal to feel dizzy at times?
- Is it a normal feeling for my chest to feel pressure or incased feeling?
- It is normal for my left leg to swell my right one does as well but not as big?
I am not one to run to the Dr., over every little thing. Dr.’s seem to just brush me off anyway so I feel if it is important the importance will be expressed and follow through with a Dr. will be done and the proper care will be giving.
So if this is no big deal with the aneurysm then cool beans the symptoms I have then are normal, continue with life and enjoyment and do the 6 month or 1 a year checkup?
Guidance is much appreciated at this time.
Thank you for your time and you concern in advance.