- 0 replies
- 3055 views
- 1 followings
May is American Stroke Month!
The American Stroke Association is excited to kick-off this year’s American Stroke Month campaign. This year’s campaign aims to improve health and wellbeing in our communities – to help advance our 2020 Health Impact Goal of reducing stroke mortality by 20% by 2020 by elevating awareness of F.A.S.T. and knowledge that stroke is largely treatable and educating stroke survivors, family caregivers and others about secondary stroke prevention.
Join us in our efforts to end stroke – the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S., by taking part in American Stroke Month
- SHARE our stroke prevention checklist . It’s a step by step on lowering the risk of another stroke, including managing high blood pressure, controlling cholesterol and discussing an aspirin or other medicine regimen with your doctor.
- LEARN 5 key facts about stroke and share your knowledge with others.
- FOLLOW us on Social Media, and share campaign messages, such as this post.
- WATCH and SHARE our new F.A.S.T. and PREVENTION videos
- SUBMIT stroke hero stories using our Stroke Hero Online Submission Form.
- LEARN more at StrokeAssociation.org/StrokeMonth