- 1 reply
- 447 views
- 2 followings
Checking in on our Members | The Support Network & MyAFIB Experience are here for you
Good morning all,
I wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing?
Please do not hesitate to share what you are feeling; good, bad, scared, angry or on an adrenal rush of anxiety- it's all welcome here.
However, I want to review a few basic guidelines for the Support Network
- Everyone has differences of opinion as to the severity of our situation.
- All opinions are respected and valued as they are based on our personal experiences, fears, and concerns.
- Each member is valuable, and we are here to support each other through whatever is occurring in our lives.
- PLEASE DO NOT GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE RELATED TO COVID19 OR A PERSON’S INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL SITUATION.
- If you share a common condition or experience, it is perfectly ok to talk about your experiences and at the same time, the final medical decisions for treatment should be made with the patient in partnership with his/her medical team.
With the flood of information, some accurate and some not, we do ask that if you post articles – please use credible sources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, or AHA-COVID19.
It is also imperative that you provide the source of where your information is coming from. There will be times that we will fact check what is posted to ensure the most current and accurate information is available.
Now more than ever, the concerns can bring us together as a community of survivors and caregivers.
As always, if you have questions, please email me at SupportNetwork@heart.org.
Community Manager Support Network & MyAFIB Experience
JamesPL, April 2, 2020 7:33pm EST
Thank you for posting this and inquiring about everyone. Personally, I think I am feeling more anxious than anything else. I think much of that has to do with the daily onslaught of bad news. It's a little unfortunate since I think there is some good news out there but is not being reported. Right now we could all use a little bit of uplifting. Some of the stories I've read are just gutwrenching. I have just donated to a local food bank that I have been supporting for some time now. People need our help and anything anyone can do to help those in need are greatly appreciated.
I am also feeling very fortunate as I've just started a contract position and have been working from home from day one. The company is taking the pandemic very seriously and shows genuine concern for its employees. I'm finding that I can be as productive at home as I am in an office. This has been just the reverse of all those people that have had to deal with temporary unemployment. I feel for them all!
Although this is unlike anything we've ever seen, I firmly believe we will get past it soon and return to normal but this will forever change us. I only hope for the better!
I wish everyone well! May we all stay safe!