• 1 reply
  • 1 followings
MilesB, April 14,  2021  2:04am EST

Insurance for CHD adults USA

I'm a Swedish citizen living currently in Sweden. However I'm a RN, BSN soon to be CRNA and I'm planing to move to the US to work a few years. I'm 26 and I've had the Fontana procedure done when I was young, so currently living with a single ventricular heart. I'm taking NOAK and beta-blockers daily. I just want to ask if anyone has a recommendation how to handle the health insurance part while living in america? So that I can get my medication and check-ups at the doctor without going bankrupt. 

In Sweden all healtcare is free and I get my medication and yearly check-ups to no cost at all. So this is all very new to me, trying to wrap my head around what it could cost and what I should be aware of. Please let me know if you have any tips or recommendations! :)  

1 Reply
  • AHAModerator
    AHAModerator, April 14,  2021  8:50am EST

    Good morning,

    Thanks so much for bringing your questions to the Support Network! We are glad you're here, and excited to hear you're planning a big move to the U.S. soon! While health insurance coverage may vary depending on your employer, here are a few resources on the Health Insurance Marketplace and Insurance Coverage and Heart Defects.

    Thank you again. Best wishes,

    AHA Moderator

dark overlay when lightbox active
dark overlay when lightbox active
dark overlay when lightbox active
dark overlay when lightbox active