There’s still time to apply to become a Know Diabetes by Heart ambassador
The American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) are still searching for people to become national ambassadors for the Know Diabetes by Heart initiative and share their stories living with type 2 diabetes and heart disease on a national stage.
Now extended through June 12th, people living with type 2 diabetes may apply online and share their stories for the chance to become a national ambassador for the Know Diabetes by Heart initiative. Select ambassadors will serve as national volunteer spokespersons for the AHA and the ADA, motivating others to live longer, healthier lives, by sharing their journeys living with type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
The link to share your story is here: knowdiabetesbyheart.org/voicescall.
How to Apply:
- Go to: org/voicescall.
- Complete the application form.
- Upload a 60-second or less video sharing your story with type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Your Video Story
We want to hear your health journey in your own words; however, these ideas may help guide your thoughts as you prepare to record your video. Your video should be 60-seconds or less.
- Tell us who you are.
- What is one thing you wish you had known before you started this journey?
- What is one thing you would tell others?
- Describe your feelings and emotions about your health journey.
- Tell us who inspires you to live a healthy life.
If you have any technical issues uploading your video email: email@example.com. Stories will not be accepted via email.