Safety Alert – Hurricane Dorian
As Hurricane Dorian moves closer to land and threatens to strengthen into a hurricane, the American Heart Association wants to be sure you have the resources you need to stay safe before, during and after the storm.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Plan to stay healthy during and after the storm. Include 30-day supplies of your medications to control high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and other conditions in your emergency bag.
- Stock healthy non-perishable foods.
- Find ways to stay active.
- Deal with stress and anxiety in healthy ways – go for a walk or talk to someone.
- Advice from leading American Heart Association members on how to stay healthy during a hurricane
- Natural Disaster Resources from the American Heart Association