Jenina N. – Keeping the Stress Factor in Check
What if you woke up to find that your life has completed changed? That’s what happened to Stroke of Wisdom podcast host and survivor Jenina, after she woke up from a stroke after a night of sleep, immediately forced to halt the perfectly organized life she'd been leading.
As she emerged from the fog of that situation, one thing becomes crystal clear: surviving a major trauma not only takes a toll on you, but can shift your mindset and perspective on the world as you know it. And that's why Stroke of Wisdom was created.
In this podcast episode, the goal is about reframing the tricky life experiences and challenging questions so that they become inspiration and motivation, not reasons to stop living. Jenina uses her experience to prove that you can learn from trauma if you choose.
Listen for free now: https://strokeofwisdompodcast.podbean.com/
We all get to the point when things get rough and stress bubbles over… So, in honor of Stress Awareness Month, host Jenina shares some of the simple tactics she embraced to cope with that dreaded anxiety.
Some things she explores:
- Staying active
- Embrace your passions
- Good company
In the show notes, Jenina offers some great content for reading, including beneficial tips she found on the American Heart Association site...
- American Heart Association
- Stress and Heart Health: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/stress-and-heart-health
- Three Tips to Manage Stress: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/3-tips-to-manage-stress
- Harvard Health Publishing: https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/best-ways-to-manage-stress
- Fast Company
- Four signs of stress you shouldn't ignore: https://www.fastcompany.com/90324086/four-physical-signs-of-stress-you-shouldnt-ignore
Tell us: How do you deal with stress? Register for the Support Network and reply in the comments below.